Participant Terms & Conditions
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. You are granted a non-exclusive license only to use this Site at the discretion of RFG; no other license under any invention, patent, copyright, trade secret, or other proprietary right is granted, either directly or indirectly.
4. Some products and services available through or in connection with this Site, including without limitation the ability to execute a financial transaction using this Site, require that you purchase a subscription or otherwise pay a fee. You hereby authorize the Company and its merchant provider to charge your credit card in advance for all applicable fees incurred by you or on your behalf in connection with the product or service you have chosen to use. You are solely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of your use of the Site. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any fees or charges for services it provides, and to institute new fees, charges, or terms at any time. The Company reserves the right to terminate your ability to use the Site at any time for any reason. Your right to use the Site to complete a financial transaction is subject to any expenditure limits established by the Company or by your bank, credit card issuer or other financial institution. If you use a debit, credit or other payment card, and payment cannot be charged to your card or your charge is returned for any reason, including chargeback, Company reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your access to the Site, thereby terminating this Agreement and all obligations of Company hereunder. If you have reason to believe that your financial information is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of any credit, debit, or charge card number stored), you must notify the Company of the problem to avoid possible liability for any unauthorized charges. It is your responsibility to notify the Company if your credit card has changed or has expired and to make appropriate changes or your use of the Service may be disconnected or interrupted.
(1) If you have received payments of $599 during a tax year, your account will be suspended (i.e., you will not be able to receive further payments and will not be able to complete or participate in surveys) for the remainder of the applicable tax year unless and until you provide RFG with a completed and verified W-9 form; (2) If you have received payments of $600 or more during a tax year, your account will be suspended indefinitely (i.e., you will not be able to receive further payments and will not be able to complete or participate in surveys) unless and until you provide RFG with a completed and verified W-9 form. In this case, your account will not be reinstated at the beginning of the next tax year, unless or until you provide RFG with a completed and verified W-9 form.
7. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
8. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
10. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, collecting any personally identifiable information of or about any other user of the Services, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) using spiders, robots or other automated data mining techniques to catalogue, download, store or otherwise reproduce or distribute data or content available in connection with the Services, or to manipulate the results of any survey, prize draw or contest, or attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus, corrupted data or any other harmful, disruptive or destructive code, file or information, including, but not limited to, spyware to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) opening, using, or maintaining more than one (1) membership account with the Company; (f) forging or masking your true identity; (g) framing a portion(s) of the Site within another website or altering the appearance of the Site; (h) establishing links from any other website to any page of, on or located within the Site or to the Services, without the prior express written permission of RFG; (i) posting or transmitting any threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, lewd, scandalous or inflammatory material or content or any material or content that could otherwise violate applicable laws; (j) engaging in any fraudulent activity, including, but not limited to, speeding through surveys, taking the same survey more than once, masking or forging your identity, submitting false information during the registration process, submitting false or untrue survey data, redeeming or attempting to redeem rewards, prizes and/or incentives through false or fraudulent means, and tampering with surveys; (k) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting; (l) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, reveal, disclose, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site; (m) engaging in any criminal or illegal act(s); or (m) encouraging and/or advising any individual, including, but not limited to, any RFG employee, to commit any act(s) prohibited hereunder. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
12. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2011 Research For Good, Inc. All rights reserved. You may use the Site’s, Client’s, Partner’s or Reward Partner’s content, service or software only as expressly authorized by RFG, the Client, the Partner or the Reward Partner.
16. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
17. WASHINGTON USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Washington. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Washington.